Monday, May 31, 2010

It will never be seen on a galloping horse (other fun cliches)

Okay, so I actually had a request for a new blog post. I can't freaking believe it. People love me, they really, really love me!

But, sucks for you, I can't think of any awesome stories or anecdotes for you loverlies, so instead, I give you:

Shit I've Found on the Internet (from now on: SIFONI...hmm, said fast enough, it sounds like "symphony," I take this as a sign): Part Un

The only true way to find shit on the internet is to use "Stumbleupon" or what the fuck it is called. Awesome find #1: "Cliche Finder." Here, you can pop in a word into the search engine and it will find you a cliche that uses the word. What word did I try to find first? Poop. Cliche: Do you have pigeon poop in your ears?

Use it in a conversation this week and report back.

Oh, and P.S. apparently you can hit random and 10 cliches will just appear.



Not-so-awesome find: "This Day in Music" You type in your day and month (ideally, some important date to you) and it will pop up every year's history in music (stuff like #1 hit song, etc.) While typically, this would be AWESOME for me because I do love music, but this shitty ass web site doesn't have my birth year! Is this indicative of my love of music? Did the music die for just one day?



Awesome drinking game find: "The Brainstormer." On this web site, you click the button "random" and 3 wheels spin around and eventually 3 ideas/words match up. Why? Who the hell knows, but we can totally make this into a drinking game.

Go here - http://www.distractionbeast.com/brainstormer.swf

Click "random."

If the outer ring has a word that can be associated with something in current events, take a drink.

If the outer ring has a word that can be associated with the oil spill, make an "Ocean Breeze" and take 2 drinks.

The first person to think of a sexual pose using a word from the outer ring gets to give away two drinks to anyone in the room.

If the outer ring lands on "bottomless pit," it is time for a group waterfall!

If the middle ring has a word that stereotypes someone in the room, make them drink.

If the middle ring has a word that describes the weather outside at the moment, take a drink and give one away.

If the middle ring has a word that describes what you WISH the weather was like, everyone finishes their beverage.

And, because I can't think of anything awesome for the inner ring, just shout out the words, cheers everyone, and take a drink.

As a little extra something, something - if you can think of a wicked awesome movie (with the inner ring being the title and the other two rings being in the description) make everyone else take a shot of whatever they're drinking. If more than one person thinks of a movie, the group can vote on which movie would be better.



Okay, well, I guess stumble bumble bee is having my kind of day and just not being clever. Damn you, Stumble.

Love me, miss me, call me.

No comments: